CYCLING, MUSEUM, BEACH…
- Breakfast 08.00-09.15.
- Cycling 16 km (10 miles, difficulty level medium) visiting the Montevecchio mining site.
- Visiting the local mining Museum.
- Lunch at the local Cycling Club Headquarters.
- Return with the minibus to relax on Piscinas beach for the rest of the afternoon.
- Return by foot, bike or minibus from Piscinas beach (only 1.2 miles from the resort).
- Dinner served between 19.30-22.30.
Montevecchio is a mine located in the Medio Campidano region. The town is also known as “Genna Serapis”. Montevecchio has several places of interest and is part of the historical and environmental geo-mining park of Sardinia, part of the geo-parks Unesco network. The mine of Montevecchio, after years of award wining restoration work can now be visited. There are 4 different routes to visit that testify to the mining activity carried out from 1848 until 1991, from the luxurious palace of the mining director up to the eastern yards, where are the humble homes of the miners, mills, foundries, the mineral deposit and the striking shipyard Piccalinna.